Monday, November 9, 2009

Trying to be Optimistic

 DSC_0650A favorite local playground is scheduled for demolition this weekend and I’m trying so hard to be optimistic. I love this wooden playstructure filled with secret passages and tiny hideaways made just for kids.

DSC_0655

DSC_0647

There are swings and slides and challenging physical areas for every age group. Claire finally worked up the courage to ride the tire swing with Bella last week and both girls love the tight rope area and big slide. This is the playground where Claire had one of her first swing rides, our little baldy had such a great time here even as a baby: Swinging With Daddy in  May of 2008.

DSC_0662 DSC_0669 DSC_0657

As a Mom, it’s one of MY favorite parks. After a visit to the play area there’s a great 3 mile (stroller friendly) path around the lake and playing fields. Can you tell how much I LOVE this place???? There are plans to rebuild, but I’m unconvinced that the new version will be as fantastic. Like I said, I’m trying to be optimistic.

 DSC_0698

Here are a bunch more photos of our day in the park, it’s supposed to hit 70 today so maybe we’ll squeeze another visit in :-) Click here to view full a full-size slide show (with full-size cuteness).

1 comment:

  1. What a great playground! Where is it? I hope that the rebuild exceeds expectations, although that is going to be tough.

    ReplyDelete

Receiving comments from friends and family make blogging very rewarding! Leave your messages below and I promise they will also get passed along to Claire!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin