Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Crime and Punishment

DSC_0412

Another post featuring Claire at her naughtiest – what has this blog come to?! I’ll just chalk it up to toddlerhood.

DSC_0415

Here’s a snapshot of Claire doing the time after the crime and wiping down the wainscoting she decorated. While I appreciate Claire’s attempts at improving our kitchen decor,I prefer the clean look of white cabinetry and molding to the bold orange of her marker.

Can I just plug Crayola products for a minute? They really do wash out of everything, and I can’t say the same for some other brands we’ve tried. Of course we haven’t yet bought the fingerpaint kits – I’m not that brave yet. Claire and I have a few birthday parties coming up…maybe I’ll gift some paint and experiment at other people’s houses ;-)

DSC_0410All this talk of art reminded me of school. At the end of the day in second grade, I used to build in a 15-20 reading time where we’d all unwind and read out loud together or scour the Internet for some “guest readers.” If you have a few minutes check out Storyline Online’s version of the great book, “When Pigasso Met Mootise.” It was always a favorite of the second graders and Claire LOVES to watch this seven minute clip. The Screen Actor’s Guild has done a great job gathering celebrity readers and animating the actual pages in a variety of books – a very cool website we visit often, and fitting for Claire’s recent love of all things art.

2 comments:

  1. DON'T BRING THOSE FINGERPAINTS TO MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how i know the feeling. my 2 year-old LOVES to color ... and spill. add to that cry and you've got her down pat.

    thanks for stopping by my blog today! (and i LOVED the family pic below with Claire turning around for the papparazzi! very sweet!)

    karin

    ReplyDelete

Receiving comments from friends and family make blogging very rewarding! Leave your messages below and I promise they will also get passed along to Claire!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin